It is important to note that readmit applicants must follow application requirements set by BOTH Texas A&M University and the Department of Educational Administration & Human Resource Development to be considered for full admission.
- 12 hours of applicable coursework taken at another institution with a minimum of 2.5 GPR
- Two Math courses: MATH 141; MATH 142 or approved equivalent
- Two Natural Science courses (4 hours each) from Table 1 and/or Table 2
- ENGL 104
- COMM 203
- Application Essay
- Identification of problem that resulted in leaving TAMU
- If dismissed from TAMU - change of behavior, study habits, academic and personal maturity
- Career goals with an explanation of how this degree program will help achieve those goals
- Writing skills
- If the TAMU GPR is below 2.0 at re-admission, department will review remaining course requirements to be certain there are enough hours to bring the GPR to 2.0 and above before the profession phase of program.
- Department will also review hours to determine if the admission will result in excessive degree hours.
Other points of consideration:
- How many more hours can be taken at a community college that can be applied to the degree?
- Does the department have an investment in this student?
- Is this one of our former students?
- Has the student met with advisors prior to application?