PK-12 Educational Leadership Specialization
The PK-12 Educational Leadership offers three graduate degrees: a Master of Education (M.Ed.), includes a principal certification; a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), includes a superintendent certification; and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). The PK-12 Educational Leadership program has the M.Ed. delivered online, the Ed.D. delivered as a Saturday format, and the Ph.D. delivered as a traditional on-campus program.
Note: The department does not offer a “certification only” option at this time.
The M. Ed. and Ph. D. programs admit every year, and the Ed. D. program admits every two years. The deadline for admissions to the M.Ed., Ed.D. and Ph.D. is December 1 for the following Fall semester. Candidates will be notified of admissions decision through the mail by mid-March or April.
- TAMU graduate application and processing fee ($50 for US citizens or permanent residents; $90 for international applicants) available at: www.applytexas.org
- Official transcripts from all previously attended universities indicating the previous degree awarded when applicable
- Official TOEFL scores taken within the last two years (international students only)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Minimum one-page career intent essay
- TEA ID number (M.Ed. and Ed.D. application requirement only)
- TEA teaching certificate (M.Ed. application requirement only)
- TEA principal certificate (Ed.D. application requirement only)
- Interview Conference at Texas A&M University with faculty (set up in late January-early February)
- Writing sample (this will be completed at the Interview Conference)
- GRE scores (Ph.D. application requirement only)
All students must complete a residency requirement set forth by Texas A&M University specific for the degree program of interest unless appropriate documentation can be provided that the individual is employed full-time.
For more information, please refer to the Residence Requirement information.
Master of Education (M.Ed.)- Principal Certification - Generalist
The 36-hour M.Ed. program is fully online and is a cohort model. The program is completed in two years (5 semesters).
Master of Education (M.Ed.)- Principal Certification - Bilingual Campus
An online bilingual campus cohort group is available. The program is completed in two years (5 semesters).
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
The 69-hour Ed.D. program is delivered through a Saturday format and is a cohort model. The Ed.D. has a focus on executive leadership and provides students with culturally responsive skills needed to develop and administer school districts.
Deadline: December 1st, 2017 - Ed.D. Program Details and Degree Plan
Note: Ed. D. Program receives applications every 2 years.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
The 72-hour Ph.D. program is delivered in on-campus courses and is not a cohort model. The program introduces students to a research tradition that values rigor, mentoring and a commitment to education and social justice.
To apply to the program, applicants must follow both Departmental and Texas A&M University requirements.
Deadline: December 1st (yearly) - Ph.D. Program Details and Degree Plan Please note: All courses are subject to final committee approval.
Please visit the Texas A&M Student Business Services page and use the Tuition Estimator to gather a cost estimate for tuition and fees. This does not include course materials or distance learning fees for online courses.