Human Resource Development Honors
The Human Resource Development (HRD) Honors Program will provide expanded study and broad-based opportunities for our most academically gifted and scholarly advanced majors. This 18-hour program is designed to challenge the interests and abilities of our students and to provide specific benefits including:
- Individual instruction and advanced study relevant to the academically distinguished HRD majors,
- Engaging and compelling approaches to the delivery of course content such as smaller classes, seminars, and the like,
- Student-centered study via honors course contracts,
- Participation in high impact HRD programs such as professional development opportunities, participation in study abroad trips, service learning projects, or capstone research projects directed by HRD faculty, and
- Increased interaction with successful and highly motivated faculty in preparation for professional or graduate school admission.
Incoming FRESHMAN Students:
To be eligible for the HRD Honors Program, incoming freshmen will need to have at least a 1250 SAT (Verbal + Math with a minimum of 570 each) or 28 ACT (minimum of 27 English and Math), and rank in the top 15% of their high school class.
Incoming TRANSFER Students:
Transfer students must have a 3.50 or higher combined GPA at their previous institutions.
Current TEXAS A&M Students:
Continuing Texas A&M students must have a minimum 3.50 GPA at TAMU and not have already completed more than six (6) hours of EHRD honors eligible courses or have more than 6 hours of HRD honors eligible course in progress.
Students must apply to the program and are encouraged to consult with HRD academic advisors or the HRD Honors Coordinator as early as possible in their undergraduate career to plan their honors course sequences. Note: Applicants are reviewed by committee and admitted on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum requirements listed does not guarantee admission.
- A finalized F* will result in dismissal from the program.
- Continuing Honors Students who fail to meet any of these requirements will be given a semester of probation to correct any deficiencies. While in probationary semester, a priority registration time will not be assigned. Honors Students who fail to meet requirements after a semester of probation will be dismissed from the program.
Department Requirements to Graduate with Honors
- Students must attain a minimum 3.50 cumulative TAMU GPA and a cumulative honors GPA of 3.25 and complete the following 18 hours of HRD Honors coursework and requirements:
- EHRD 203H, EHRD 371H, EHRD 391H, EHRD 413H, and EHRD 490H
- One additional departmental approved 300 or 400 level EHRD or TCMG course must include an Honors Contract. Students may enroll in EHRD 285 EHRD 485, EHRD 491 or any departmental approved graduate level course
- Active participation in an HRD professional organization such as Aggie Students in Human Resource Development (ASHRD), Academy of Human Resources Development (AHRD), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), or Association for Talent Development (ATD).
Benefits of HRD Honors Program
Students who are accepted into the HRD Honors Program will receive:
- Priority registration privileges.
- Certificate of Completion signifying achievement of the HRD Honors Program.
- HRD Honors designation indicated on their official transcript.
- Special recognition through the EAHR department.