B.S. in Technology Management
Mission, Vision, Values and Goals of the Technology Management Program
Faculty, staff, and students at Texas A&M University’s Technology Management Program recognize the profound importance of connecting people, information, and technology from a multidisciplinary perspective for the betterment of society.
We are committed to advancing integrated knowledge of human development, management, and technology competencies within a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment through innovative teaching, research, and service.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Technology Management will inculcate students with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitudes to leverage technology opportunities in all organizations.
Our dedication is to innovative and interdisciplinary research, collaboration, service, leadership, and respect for diversity. We are committed to ongoing professional development and making a vital contribution to the University’s mission as a research-intensive institution.
A premiere destination for advancing holistic connections among people and technologies.
Our Core Values
The Technology Management Program is committed to:
- Excellence and innovation in research, teaching, and service;
- Interdisciplinary collaboration for active engagement and problem solving;
- Service and leadership in the profession, nationally and internationally;
- Recognition and respect for ensuring diversity, establishing access, and encouraging responsibility; and
- Continuous professional development to meet the emerging demands of the information technology fields.
The Technology Management Program will:
- Demonstrate excellence in scholarship, teaching, and collaborative partnerships.
- Have a state-of-the-art infrastructure to support scholarship, teaching, and collaborative partnerships.
- Be an environment that fosters information entrepreneurship.
- Have sustainable resources to support excellence in our mission.
The TCMG program will provide students with in-depth knowledge, hands-on experience, and practical skills of managing information technology and developing IT personnel to achieve organizational goals. Through our program, graduates will:
- Gain in-depth knowledge that covers the full spectrum of information technology, including database, networking, systems administration, data analytics, and information security;
- Obtain hands-on experience with a wide variety of technical tools commonly used in today’s IT industry;
- Understand the human decision making process and managerial implications when interacting with information technology; and
- Learn practical skills of managing the various technology, human, and business components in an organizational environment to achieve goals.
Our strong internship program provides graduates with direct experience in the development and management of information technology in a real-world organizational environment. These internships are designed to match the backgrounds and career interests of students.
The program could lead to a wide variety of careers in IT/data analytic fields, such as:
- IT Support,
- Business Analyst,
- Data analyst,
- User Experience Engineer,
- Information Security Analyst,
And much more!
Our graduates have been employed by several types of organizations, such as Bell, Verizon, Dell, Polycom, Capital One, HP, and CloudTeam; government agencies of different levels, such as state agencies, public schools, community colleges, and county/city government; as well as health organizations, such as hospitals and health clinics.
Bachelor’s Frequently Asked Questions
What are the typical program costs?
The following website can help you estimate the cost of the program, including current costs of tuition and fees: Click here for the cost of attendance estimator
Please note, you must update the program hours.
How soon can I apply?
Prospective students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible!
I live out of state. Do you accept out-of-state applicants?
Yes, we accept in-state and out-of-state applicants.