Advisors work with current major students to give advice on course load, course transfer questions, and other general advising information. Students should see their advisor if they have any questions regarding their degree.
The advisors strive to see each student who needs an appointment. To ensure the availability of advisors, use the online appointment system.
Please note, the EAHR Advising Office experiences a high volume of student traffic during the follows times:
- The week before school starts
- The first week of school
- Add/drop week
- Q-drop deadline
- Pre-registration period
Prospective students (ie Readmits, Change of Major applicants or non- A&M students) should email the advisors for appointment availability.
Students wishing to change their major to Human Resource Development or Technology Management, please email the undergraduate advisors for more information on Change of Major. We do not make appointments for change of major advising, however, we offer Walk-in advising for Change of Major questions every 1st Friday of the month, excluding January, from 9:00am – 11:00am in Harrington Tower (EDCT), 1st floor, Suite 112. Please call the office to confirm walk-ins are being held.
The advising office is instituting some changes for mandatory advising for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester:
The following groups are required to do Mandatory Advising in the fall and spring semesters:
- U1 (0-29 hours), U2 (30-59 hours), and U3 (60-89 hours) students
- Any U4 student in their first fall/spring semester in our major (transfers, change of majors, readmits)
- Any student on Academic Probation
The EAHR advising team will continue taking appointments for Mandatory and General advising, however, we will be handing all Advising appointments over email or zoom. We will not have face to face advising for the remainder of the semester.
1) We are moving the Intent to Intern advising to an email process around the week of April 13th, so stay tuned for information on that process. When pre-registration opens, register for ALL courses, except internship (EHRD/TCMG 484) and then you will be able to register for internship during open registration. We have also cancelled the last Mandatory Internship meeting. We will send out information on a virtual meeting once it has been determined.
2) All students who still have a Mandatory Advising hold (check your holds now!), will need to make an appointment in Navigate. If you want to use the zoom format, please note that in the appointment notes. Otherwise during your appointment time, your advisor will email you a copy of your degree planner with advisor notes and recommendations/action written on it. You can email any questions you have as well. Your degree planner MUST be up to date in order for us to process your mandatory advising appointment. We will remove your advising hold after you complete the action required or if no action needed, once we have emailed you the degree planner with notes.
3) Please scan and email a q-drop form if you decide to q-drop a class.
We understand this is a difficult and uncertain time and we feel that sticking to our “normal” processes as much as possible is important. We will be available by email, and ask for your patience as we will probably experience a high volume.
Please feel free to email advisors with any concerns or questions, making sure to include your UIN.
Mandatory Advising will begin Monday, February 3, 2020 through Wednesday, April 1, 2020. There will be NO Mandatory Advising once pre-registration begins – so plan accordingly. Once pre-registration begins, Mandatory Advising holds will not be expired until the first day of Open Registration.
Students are able to schedule appointments 1 week in advance up to 24 hours prior to the appointment time, so plan ahead. Appointments fill up quickly, plan to make your appointment one week in advance. Holds will not be removed unless you have completed advising. Do not wait until the last minute.