Associate ProfessorView Directory Profile
Dr. Glenda Droogsma Musoba received her Ph.D. in Higher Education from Indiana University in 2004. Dr. Musoba joined the Educational Administration and Human Resource Development at Texas A&M University as an Associate Professor in 2012. Dr. Musoba teaches graduate courses in higher education finance, organizational theory, and statistics, as well as research methods and statistics at the undergraduate level. Dr. Musoba’s research focuses on educational policy and student access and success in postsecondary education, particularly for low-income or underrepresented groups. In her career, Dr. Musoba has received over a half a million dollars in external research funding, primarily from Lumina Foundation for Education.
Dr. Musoba is book review editor for the Review of Higher Education journal and secretary for the Council on Public Policy in Higher Education of the Association for the Study of Higher Education. She has written 11 peer-reviewed journal articles and one peer-reviewed book with a second in press. Dr. Musoba has chaired one doctoral student through graduation at TAMU and nine others at her prior institution. She currently chairs 2 additional doctoral dissertations along with her doctoral and master’s advisees.
- Co-author of two books including Pathways to Academic Success in Higher Education: Expanding Opportunity for Underrepresented Students
- Research focus on higher education policy and institutional practices for student retention
- Expert on access to higher education
535 Harrington Office Building
Areas of Scholarly Interest:
- Student Persistence in College
- Student Access and Equity in Opportunity in Higher Education
- University Practices to Promote Student Success
- Rural Student Access
- Higher Education Finance and Policy