Minor in Human Resource Development
Human Resource Development (HRD) is the process of improving learning and performance in individual, group and organization contexts through domains of expertise such as lifelong learning, career development, training and development, and organization development. A minor in HRD allows for a wider range of potential employment and accommodation to a diverse education professional experience.
Minor Admissions Deadlines
Check the A&M Academic Calendar. The minor application will open and close on the same dates as the Change of Curriculum application. The links for submitting the minor applications are below.
REQUIREMENTS TO ADD MINOR:
1. Overall GPR 2.0 or better
2. Minimum 12 graded hours at Texas A&M
3. No more than 75 total completed hours (A&M and transfer hours)
4. Submitted application* (Please refer to application dates below. NOTE: Link for application is available under the “Admissions” tab of department website.)
5. Application essay demonstrating writing skills and discussing career goals; Explain how this degree program will help achieve those goals
*All applicants (major and minors) are reviewed by the program faculty. A key element in the application is the essay identifying career goals and how this major/minor will help achieve those goals.
NOTE: Applicants are reviewed by a committee and admitted on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
18 total credit hours. Human Resource Development minors will be limited to a maximum of 2 (6 hours) EHRD courses per term.
The following 12 credit hours are required:
EHRD 203 Foundations in Human Resource Development
EHRD 210 Legal and Ethical Environment of HRD
EHRD 372 Training and Development in HRD
EHRD 374 Organization Development
An additional 6 credit hours are required from the following courses:
EHRD 315 Applied HRD in the Workplace
EHRD 371 Applied Learning Principles (“W” Writing Intensive Course)
EHRD 408 Diversity Issues and Practices in HRD
EHRD 413 Conflict Management and Dialogue
TOTAL = 18 hours