The deadline for Fall admission is December 1.
Texas A&M Admission Requirements
To apply for full admission into the department, the Office of Graduate Admissions and Records at Texas A&M University requires the following items:
- Graduate Application– Complete the Texas A&M University Graduate Application application.
- Application Fee– A nonrefundable $89 application fee for domestic applicants, and a nonrefundable $114 application fee for international applicants.
- Official transcripts – You must submit transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts may be uploaded for review; however if you are admitted and intend to enroll, you must provide an official transcript directly to the Office of Admissions before you will be allowed to register for classes.
NOTE: You do not need to submit a transcript from Texas A&M University.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores – International applicants only must submit scores less than two years old. Scores are sent electronically using the Texas A&M University code-6003.
- Official GRE scores*- Required for the PhD applicants to the Educational Administration with an emphasis in K-12 Educational Leadership program. Official scores should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Center to Texas A&M University. Use code 6003 for reporting GRE scores. Scores must be from a test date within five years of the date the application form reached the Office of Admissions. (GRE is not required for EdD in Educational Administration. PhD in Educational Administration with the Higher Education emphasis, or the PhD in Educational Human Resource Development applications.)
*GRE Scores will not be required for Spring 2022 or Fall 2022 applications.
For contact information and details on how to submit required documents to the Graduate Admissions Office, please go to their website.
Departmental Admission Requirements
In addition to the Texas A&M admission requirements, the department requires applicants to submit the following items. These items may be uploaded electronically through your Applicant Information System (AIS). The AIS is established after the Apply Texas application is submitted (it takes an average of 2 business days to receive the AIS information after the Apply Texas application is complete).
- A one-page minimum statement of professional intent/career objective — Must indicate why you wish to pursue the degree, and what the degree can accomplish for your career goals. If applicable (Ph. D. applicants), your specific area of research interest.
- A current resume Work experience, academic history, professional and community services, publications and presentations, internships
- Three reference letters The letter should provide information on the connection of the writer to the applicant as well as why the applicant is a good fit for the program. These should be completed by any of the following:
- your immediate or past supervisor
- a peer or professor
- another person from the above categories
- Departmental Data Sheet in the Applicant Information System- You will be required to select your Specific Area of Interest and answer department questions.
Additional Requirements for EdD applicants in Educational Administration:
- Copy of TEA Certificate
- TEA Identification Number This can be included in an e-mail to email@example.com
After a thorough review of the application file, doctoral applicants in are invited to an Interview Conference. The applicants are required to come to the College Station campus for the interview and writing exercise in order to be considered for the program. If you feel you have extenuating circumstances that would require an alternative method of interviewing, please inform the Advising Office when you are contacted for the Interview Conference.
After the interview, you may be requested to complete a writing sample. Instructions for this will be provided at that time.
Acceptance into the Department is based on a thorough review of all components in the application process.
If you are a current Texas A&M graduate student or recent graduate from a graduate-level program at Texas A&M (within one year from the start of this program) and are applying to a program within this department, you can submit the departmental required documents direct to our Academic Advising office, with a Letter of Intent form found on the OGAPS website. You do not need to submit an Apply Texas application. If you wish to hand carry admission materials directly to the Office of Academic Advising, deliver to:
Texas A&M University
511 Harrington Tower (see campus map)
College Station, TX
(DO NOT MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS)
For further information or questions, contact the Office of Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.