Learn more about our Adult Education Certificate program
Virtual Informational Sessions
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 5:30 PM
- Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 5:30 PM
- Monday, November 14, 2022 at 5:30 PM
The information for connecting to the informational sessions is as follows:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 477 219 0674
Get an Adult Education Certificate
This online 12-semester credit hour certificate will provide learners with the necessary skills to teach adults more effectively in a variety of settings, including educational learning centers, health care settings, social services, and business and industry.
- Identify, develop, and apply teaching techniques and strategies suitable for adults.
- Examine the nature of adult learning.
- Identify and apply components in planning and developing an adult education program.
- Apply distance learning principles to training settings.
The certificate requires twelve credit hours.
- EHRD 616- Methods of Teaching Adults
- EHRD 630- Adult Learning
- EHRD 642- Program Development in Adult Education
- EHRD 673- Introduction to Distance Education
This is an online program. To be eligible for the certificate, only one of the required courses may be taken face-to-face.
- Current Texas A&M University students who are in good academic standing can begin taking certificate courses any semester, after completing the current student application.
- Interested applicants who are not current Texas A&M University students will apply through the Texas A&M University Graduate CAS Application. Select “College Teaching, Certificate” as your major.
- Application fee: a non-refundable $89 application fee for domestic applicants and $114 application fee for international applicants.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended are required to be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: November 1